CoroTurn® 107 is the first choice for external and internal machining of small, long and slender components. Sharp cutting edges and excellent chip control ensure a soft cutting action and low cutting forces, giving an outstanding surface finish to the component. Geometries designed for high pressure coolant is now available for stainless steel and HRSA materials.
- Low cutting forces
- Excellent edge strength
- Outstanding ship control
- Screw clamping ensures stability and unobstructed chip flow
- 7º clearance angle
- Insert geometries and holders designed for high pressure coolant above ~30 bars.
- Insert geometries and grades for all materials
- Wiper geometries available for high feeds and excellent surface finish
- Coromant Capto cutting units and conventional steel shank design for all insert shapes and in different angles.
First choice for small and medium holes from 6 mm (0.236 inch) diameter.
First choice for small, long and slender components
Holders/Boring Bars: Several holders and boring bars are available for CoroTurn® 107:
- Coromant Capto® modular clampening system in both cutting units and boring bars.
- Different kinds of shanks for external operations
- Cylindrical bars with flats for boring operations.
- Carbide boring bars
- Boring bars with a dampened function for overhangs up to 14xD.
The -MMC and -SMC geometries are available in grades GC2025 and GC1115 and are designed to excel in combination with the HP holders. Advanced nozzle technology gives perfect point of impact for finish to medium machining.